In 1957 the Indonesian planned parenthood association (IPPA) was established with the aim of realizing responsible parenthood believing that family is the main pillar in realizing community welfare. Responsible parenthood is understood and interpreted through the dimensions of birth, education, health, welfare and the future.
- Respect human dignity, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, people with HIV, people living with disabilities, religion, race, ethnicity, political orientation, social and economic status.
- Upholding the values of democracy, non-discrimination, gender equality and justice, social justice, personal autonomy, freedom of thought, opinion, expression and association.
- Upholding and mainstreaming sexual and reproductive health rights in all situations and opportunities.
- Stick to volunteerism, pioneering work, professionalism, trustworthiness, transparency, independence, sustainability and justice.
- Responsible and inclusive Indonesian family and society.
- Empowering the community to create a responsible family.
- Building an inclusive youth movement.
- Providing comprehensive, professional and inclusive sexual and reproductive health services.
- Influencing and empowering policy makers to respect, protect, and fulfil SRHR.
- Develop a professional organization to achieve independence and sustainability.